What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or other internet connected device in order to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information. They're completely safe and can't be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your device.
- Essential cookies: technical cookies necessary to manage your flow within the website. If you block them, certain parts of the website might not work properly;
- Analytic cookies: these cookies help me and third parties to record where visits are originated and how users interact with the website, in order to create analytics that help me enhance the website structure and contents;
- Social sharing cookies: cookies required to log you into your social networks in order to share contents.
What are third party cookies?
Many websites incorporate features/functions provided by third parties, like:
- Analytics on website usage;
- Videos and multimedia elements;
- Social-sharing buttons.
How do I disable cookies?
The information is also covered in web browser’s online support pages:
Remember: if you block cookies, it is possible that certain services or functions will not work properly.